• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlock without touchscreen. Mouse not recognised. xperia z3+

GadBeebe

Lurker
Apr 20, 2020
Help!
I have cracked by phone screen and touch input no longer works. How do I unlock my phone or otherwise access it's juicy contents?

Specifics:
The phone: Xperia z3+ with swipe pattern unlock.
I think the software should be android 7.1 or thereabouts.
The phone isn't rooted, and I don't remember changing any USB debugging settings.

Failed solutions:
Smart unlock devices/networks (none registered)
Voice unlock (not active)
Previously paired bluetooth keyboard (connects but has no way to input the swipe pattern)
USB OTG and (optical) mouse. (mouse doesn't turn on or allow input, though this method worked for another android in the house)

Any ideas? In particular, I wonder if anyone knows a way to get the mouse working or can clarify whether the z3+ even supports the mouse like the previous xperias did.

I would expect the mouse + OTG to work - I've used such things with various Android devices in the past. I'm afraid that I don't know why it would not, unless there is a problem with the socket (not turning on makes me wonder about this: that sounds more like it is not powered than a software issue). This is a very generic OTG function that I'd expect any device to support. I don't suppose you've any other mice to try, just in case there's some quirk with that particular one?

Pattern is annoying: I've unlocked PIN-locked phones using a keyboard, but can't imagine anything other than a mouse working for a pattern (and using a mouse blind is not fun - I have done that with a phone as well...).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones