• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] AOKP (DT2W and CM12.1 Kernel)

whoshotjr2006

Android Enthusiast
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU CONTINUE ANY FURTHER!!!! DEV INFO IS IN 2ND POST.

NEWS:
Build updated. This one now has double tap to wake and uses bad_mofo's cm12.1 caf kernel which also brings us overclocked processor, fast charge, etc. Should be an all around smoother experience.

CHANGELOG:
061015: Downloaded source and modified device tree to build. Everything seems to work as well as cm11.
061315: fixed double tap to wake, added Bad_MOFO_33's cm12.1 caf kernel

DISCLAIMER:
i do not force you to flash these roms. what you do is on you. ill try to help you, but do not blame me for anything, especially if something goes wrong. you know the risk, and if you dont know or understand something, then dont flash this rom.

TAKE A GOOD BACKUP WITH TWRP BEFORE FLASHING!

RECOMMENDED RECOVERY:
TWRP lollipop link:
http://androidforums.com/threads/recovery-twrp-2-8-5-0-lollipop.902943/

Working:
Anything that is not listed below

half working:
Green tint on back camera on some volts
NFC needs some fixup, waiting for logcats
Youtube: Open settings in video, disable HQ video stream for now. This also means apps that rely on h264 decoding will not work properly for now. (Netflix) Also could explain broken camcorder. (possibly)
Camcorder: Use Camu or something like it from google play store
Boot animation not working on first boot, but first boot time is stupid fast

not working:
ir blaster
you tell me

NOTE: Get a gps lock in stock rom or whichever rom you had before with working gps before you flash this. This is a quirk with many qcom based phones, if you dont get a lock before you flash this your gps probably wont work.

Flash the rom, then the gapps package of your choice (kitkat gapps) and then flash either the Virgin or Boost apn fix below.

Thanks to Mopedryder for both:

Virgin APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mo...apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298/#post6516416

Boost APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mod-universal-boost-apn-fix-for-d2lte-builds-mod.840501/

Rom Download Link:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759262

Last edited:
What you mean disable hq stream? Other than that this ROM is great it has it doesn't lag at the most. LTE is on and off for me. #thumbsup lol. for the no boot animation I just enable fast boot so it doesn't matter that much

What you mean disable hq stream? Other than that this ROM is great it has it doesn't lag at the most. LTE is on and off for me. #thumbsup lol. for the no boot animation I just enable fast boot so it doesn't matter that much

Inside YouTube when you go to watch a video, hit the settings button. Click on the gear icon above quality. On older versions of YouTube, your options are HQ on or HQ off, and on newer ones if your quality setting is on 480, set it to 360 for now until we get 480 working.

Also what do you mean by LTE is on and off for you? My LTE is stable on both my VM and boost volts.

And also, I saw the boot animation, but it only played for about 3 seconds.

Running good here on VM.
No APN fix flashed and LTE immediately popped up and is going strong.

The boot animation prob I believe would be in the desc.txt, can't remember off the top of my head but there should be a 0 instead of 17 I think... That should make it loop until it boots... I'll mess with it while my kids in piano tonight

Running good here on VM.
No APN fix flashed and LTE immediately popped up and is going strong.

The boot animation prob I believe would be in the desc.txt, can't remember off the top of my head but there should be a 0 instead of 17 I think... That should make it loop until it boots... I'll mess with it while my kids in piano tonight

There is a file that goes along with the normal build directories but is required in aokp in vendor/aokp/products. I have a value defined there for a 480p boot animation but it might not be the right one, I think that's part of it too.

Changing the boot animation files does not fix anything.
Its almost like the phone thinks its done booting, but then its just black screen for a second.. No big deal, actually it seems to be one of the faster boot times I've encountered.

New build uploaded. This one brings DT2W (double tap to wake), and all the other kernel goodies from Bad_MOFO_33's CM12.1 rom such as processor overclock and fast charge. Check it out and lemme know about any problems. Huge thanks to Bad_MOFO_33 for both his kernel and being awesome.

I came across this problem your facing as well, but I booted into recovery mode and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Had no sound problem since then.

Good battery life. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-21-08-50-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-21-08-50-00.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 175
Just flashed and set up. First thing I noticed is the battery bar doesn't seem to work. I select it, but there's no choice of color or charging animation, and it doesn't show up in the status bar. Also, seems to have a lot less customizability than PAC. But everything else seems to be working so far. I will update

Back
Top Bottom