• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unresponsive side buttons and touchscreen.

Hey guys I'm having a really weird issue with my Triumph. When it boots, the side buttons will not work to turn on the screen. However the screen does turn on when I plug in the charger and I can see the lockscreen, notification, etc but the touchscreen seems to not respond to anything.

I'm running Isaac's latest MIUI release with Austrie's latest SD kernel. I tried flashing different kernels including back to stock, but no good.

I have a feeling it's due to something not being right in the rom. Possibly the new MIUI theme I applied a few days ago which has a custom boot animation and lockscreen.

My CWM backup is about a month old and I'd hate to lose some important texts and setting on my phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Hey guys I'm having a really weird issue with my Triumph. When it boots, the side buttons will not work to turn on the screen. However the screen does turn on when I plug in the charger and I can see the lockscreen, notification, etc but the touchscreen seems to not respond to anything.

I'm running Isaac's latest MIUI release with Austrie's latest SD kernel. I tried flashing different kernels including back to stock, but no good.

I have a feeling it's due to something not being right in the rom. Possibly the new MIUI theme I applied a few days ago which has a custom boot animation and lockscreen.

My CWM backup is about a month old and I'd hate to lose some important texts and setting on my phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Make a nandroid backup. Then wipe everything and reflash... You can always use app extractor to get all your texts, apps, data, etc. Installed back on your phone from the nandroid backup.

I'll give something like that a try. I'm going to try restoring my month old nand backup so I can get to the home screen and then restore all that stuff with the app you suggested from the nand backup I just made. Would that work?

I'll give something like that a try. I'm going to try restoring my month old nand backup so I can get to the home screen and then restore all that stuff with the app you suggested from the nand backup I just made. Would that work?

That should work fine. And here's the market link to it on case you don't have it/ know where it is. Hope this works out for you! :D If you have any more problems feel free to ask them.

Back
Top Bottom