• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting issues with my Revolution

LuckySR20

Lurker
Hey guys,longtime unregistered lurker here. I found a lot of great information on this forum on how to root my LG Revolution a couple months ago (thanks!), but now I think I just angered my phone by doing a "factory reset" to it while it was still rooted. The factory reset whipped out everything data and app related but the Superuser.

I downloaded the newest drivers for the Revolution and installed LGRevoAllinOnePKG to unroot my phone, but I keep coming up with a bunch of denied processes such as: /data/local/tmp/sh: permission denied among others.

My many unrooting attemps keep failing and to boot, the factory reset has caused me to somehow lose all capabilities to connect to the data network or even WiFi (which just hangs up on "obtaining IP address).

I am still able to make and receive calls and texts however, but that's basically it.

I'm a newb to all of this and was lucky enough to figure out how to root my phone to begin with. Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I am looking at dealing with a non-smart smart phone until I can get it fixed or toss it and buy another one.

Back
Top Bottom