• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting problems

kilasix9

Android Enthusiast
Ok so after rooting my device and installing Gingerblur, things were running smoothly for about a week. However, I started noticing the phone having some issues. Most noticeable the Car Dock doesn't work correctly with the music app. I was also noticing some issues with performance. All in all, I became tired with the whole idea and decided I'd go back to stock.

So since I used Gingerbreak to root, I ran the app and hit the unroot option. I figured this would unroot my device back to stock. Along with unrooting I figured the Gingerblur ROM would be removed since it requires root. WRONG. So I made the mistake of doing a factory reset, thinking it would resolve my issue. WRONG AGAIN.

My phone has apparently been unrooted as I ran Titanium Backup and it says unrooted cannot verify. But Gingerblur is still on there. Then when I hit my home button, it gives me the option of accessing the launcher which takes me to gingerblur home screen or setup which takes me through the stock initial setup.

The cellular radio wont work and it keeps giving me on error on the startup. Basically I'm stuck on one side with the stock setup or a Gingerblur homescreen with no data or voice access.

How can I undo all of this? I just want to go back to stock, out of the box setup. I don't care about losing data as everything is backed up.

Please help!

Hi Kilasix, welcome to AF:)

I think you're facing this issue is because you have another Rom on -_-;;; I'm relatively new to root, so if my thinking on this is wrong, please correct me.

If you wanted to go back to stock, you shouldn't have 'unrooted'. The best way to go from a stock kernel custom ROM to a stock kernel ROM is to flash your Atrix with the SBF. This will take your phone back to stock. I believe the only SBF you have for the AT&T Atrix is the 1.2.6 (the version the phone came with). Once you flash back to the SBF stock ROM, then you unroot your phone.

I'm not sure if this will work but try to reroot your phone and flash the SBF to get it back to stock.

Unroot through Gingerbreak worked. Then I had to flash back with SBF. Took about 30 minutes but I was able to go back to stock and then just update to 1.83.

Thanks for the advice.

Unroot through Gingerbreak worked. Then I had to flash back with SBF. Took about 30 minutes but I was able to go back to stock and then just update to 1.83.

Thanks for the advice.

That's great to hear that you were able to fix your problem. Now you can go back to enjoying your Atrix. :-)

Back
Top Bottom