• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unrooting Samsung Galaxy Victory Help!

N402KC

Lurker
Hello

A while ago, I rooted my phone. Well, updates are not being installed and I would like for my phone to be reset to the original non rooted factory condition. I've searched and searched and have found instructions, but can't find the phones operating system to download nor the software to do the un rooting with. I originally did the root with Team Win Project or something like that. If someone can provide me the download links and instructions to do this? Thank you so much!

It is. Moonknightus put it up. Its in another forum. Google "touchwiz mg5 stock ROM"

Googling (gotta love made-up verbs) that quoted turned up "Removed" posts from here and not much else of use. Removing the quotes wasn't looking much better, but I did find something downloadable at: moonknightus@gmail.com's files for -Android- Generic Device | Androidfilehost.com | free website & file hosting for Android Developers

My concern is that the file is prefaced with "[VM]" indicating it's a Virgin Mobile ROM, but towards the end of the file name it says "MC1" which I thought indicates a Sprint ROM. Can you confirm which one it is?

Scroll down to the popular files. Mg5 stock ROM. Its for virgin mobile. By the way mc1 was VM too, it was the baseband before mg5, but use one that says mg5 stock ROM zip. He posted a thread and link at vmroms. Also all verbs were made up at some time. How do you think words came into being?:)

Scroll down to the popular files. Mg5 stock ROM. By the way mc1 was VM too, it was the baseband before mg5, but use one that says mg5 stock ROM zip.

Just to be clear, OP didn't specify which service he was using. Majority of people here seem to be on VM, but I'm with Ting which requires Sprint baseband. Can you specify which file is best for which service, please? Sorry if I'm being a PITA, but I'm new to these parts and am still figuring things out. Thanks!

This is for virgin mobile only. Didn't know you were on ting. This is the virgin mobile victory section of the forum. You're not a pita. This is a friendly community

This is for virgin mobile only. Didn't know you were on ting. This is the virgin mobile victory section of the forum. You're not a pita. This is a friendly community

According to the navigation tree at the top of the page, this is a generic section -- don't see VM mentioned there at all. Nonetheless, thanks (and you've been "thanked").
TopOfPage said:

@ captainbrowncoat By the way, if you know for sure that the sprint unroot files are the ones for your phone, I believe you can find them here http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5706221 again that's for sprint NOT virgin mobile just to be clear for others. And you're right this is just the general Samsung galaxy victory section. Lol. I was using the forum app on my phone and didn't look. Since it was about rooting I assumed it was in the all things root subforum. Oops

Back
Top Bottom