• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unthankful/Dislike/Thumbs Down

(Ha! Who knows where this thread will head next!)

minki-deluxe-young-loud-snotty-kids-t-shirt.jpg

Upvote 0
ooh my daddy loves that movie lolz
it's good...
I don't like watching movies that came out before
like 2004 really though

Awwwww... you limit your world then to much! What about books? Music too? omg... that world began in 2004? Could you imagine ;)

:D

Icomeanon;

on-topic - i suppose we've beat this horse to death and the consensus seems to be that the button is a bad idea.

Well, not really... but what is interesting is that most of those who have to deal with the issue or users, I'm sure through experience, think it is a bad idea. Conversely, users seem to be a little mixed. I wonder what OTD thinks now that she is MOD??? hahaha, has your position changed? :D hehe, have you been absorbed into the borg?

Hope all you MOTHERS out there have a great day ;)

Regards!
:cool:

Upvote 0
Awwwww... you limit your world then to much! What about books? Music too? omg... that world began in 2004? Could you imagine

lol funny :)

no i mean i watch shows and movies from 2004 and before, I just hate watching them sometimes. I hate the graphics and how it looks.

Although I can't watch a movie from the 80s because i hate the graphics. I tried watching the old Nightmare on elm street and i just couldn't get into it

but the remake, while it still sucked, was better

Upvote 0

no i mean i watch shows and movies from 2004 and before, I just hate watching them sometimes. I hate the graphics and how it looks.

Although I can't watch a movie from the 80s because i hate the graphics. I tried watching the old Nightmare on elm street and i just couldn't get into it

Well I find that if I think how advance the movie was at that tim, I find I have a different outlook for the movie and appreciate it more. Example Star Wars 4-6, I believe those 3 movies set the standard for special effects for sci-fi. Also some movies are just timeless masterpiece: Tenth Commandment, Gone With The Wind, Sound of Music. If you let the graphics stop you from watching some off the best movies of all time, it'd be your loss.

Upvote 0

While I will agree with you that todays movies are made to a different flavor, such as a thrill a minute and constant action and visual stimulation (explosions, etc.) I haven't found many of todays movies provoking thought or real lasting impressions. So really it is just a matter of taste. But there are classics that wouldn't see the light out of a cutting room floor with respect to production.

Example... Deer Hunter... I mean, what movie today, would use 20+ mins of film to show a Polish Wedding at the back of a bar to develop characters for the story? And do it successfully... Maybe not the best of examples, but one scene I always seem to remember. Or, the unseen ending in the Mechanic with Charles Bronson? Other Classics... Cool Hand Luke, French Connection, Roller Ball (James Caan Original), Thunderbolt & Lightfoot (Clint Eastwood), The Sting, etc., etc., soooo many to list... hehehe but I do agree, special effects that were mind boggling in their day, like Star Wars, Tron, etc., today seem like cheap backyard movies, but classics none-the-less. 5th Element, another classic, but not that old... How about Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and just under your deadline (2003) Kill Bill... hahaha... ;) all classic's in their own right!

Trust me... take a nice rainy day and a blanket, bucket of popcorn to sit back and immerse yourself into the Deer Hunter and you will say "WOW" when it's over. Not flashy... but all that's necessary to peer into the human condition.

:)

Sorry to be off my own topic, but it seems the thread lost steam ;)

Upvote 0
Well, not really... but what is interesting is that most of those who have to deal with the issue or users, I'm sure through experience, think it is a bad idea. Conversely, users seem to be a little mixed. I wonder what OTD thinks now that she is MOD??? hahaha, has your position changed? :D hehe, have you been absorbed into the borg?

Hope all you MOTHERS out there have a great day ;)

Regards!
:cool:

Actually, yes my views on the subject have changed. After actually seeing how the forum is run, I don't see a need for anything like this. It would just cause too many problems. AF has the right tools in place to keep things running smooth.

I still defer back to my original post on the matter in the other thread.

As far as the Borg thing goes......

Upvote 0
This tool could be used indiscriminately to identify PROBLEM posts or posters who offend either fellow forum members or the rules.

This...

I get where you were going with your post about non helpful advice and or trolls but some people can be overly sensitive and others expect help right now "OMG I just brikt ma phonez and itz ur fault cuz i cant read a guide." :thinking: Yep, I think a system like this while incredibly helpful if used properly would be abused. (It would be hilarious to see an Engadget'esque style "This post has been down-ranked into oblivion though ;)).

While I could see the usefulness of such a system your argument doesn't quite solidify why such a system should exist, in fact your argument further strengthens the report post button's existence.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones