• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Fix/Beware - Phone keeps shutting off by itself

Okay so about a month ago I posted that my phone keeps randomly shutting off all by itself and I finally fixed the problem. Please beware the problem was the extended battery I bought from Radio Shack (For HTC Evo 3D Digital Energy Ultra High 1900mAH Power), not only was this battery over priced but it was causing my phone to over heat and shut off by itself. I sucked up the Radio Shack expense because it was the eve before Hurricane Sandy hit and I knew the stock battery that came with the original phone wasn't going to make it thru Sandy. I tried all kinds of fixes some of you guys recommended like sanding down the nub on the back cover which some people though could have caused the phone to shut off...nothing work. That is till I bought a new Anker extended 1900 mAh from from Amazon for only $17.99. Lucky for me I was able to return the old battery back to RadioCrap. It's been two weeks since I bought the new Anker battery and now my phone runs perfectly, no more random shut downs. I just wanted to warn you guys since you helped so much in the past and so this doesn't happen to anyone else. Thanks I'm very happy with my phone now!:p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones