• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update is live!

I'm really not seeing a huge difference right now. I noticed they took off the old news widget which kinda sucks because I enjoyed it on my home screen. And the type of news was customizable

Update went smoothly. Looks and feels exactly the same.

Re: Blinkfeed, had to manually refresh it before it started working again, but it didn't disappear on me as one user previously reported. But I had already moved it from my main screen to a side-screen, so maybe that had something to do with it. You can turn it on and off now, though, so maybe yours got turned off somehow. Settings / personalize / customize home screen / toggle on top left.

It said 22 minutes, my speed is around 3Mbps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-26-09-14-44[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-26-09-14-44[1].jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 85
The music app has this weird thing where if you swipe to the visualizor it then sounds better. Not sure why they couldn't just apply the audio enhancements across the board .

How do you start a new thread using the forum app? Since the update, holding down the home key within the thread listing only opens up Google search.

I saw something about the sd when I started the update. Was I supposed to take it out before updating? Totally borked the card leaving it in. Total pain reinstalling everything but back up and running now.

Had to reformat the card. Wouldn't read it even in the laptop.

Hey, glad i checked here.

Any weirdness going on so far? I want to update to see if this update fixes the random speaker going out, but if there are weird bugs ill pass on it.

Guess waiting a week is probably best idea?

I cant press and hold the home button to open options in apps anymore. Now apps that don't have dedicated option buttons, I cant use. There also seems to be no settings to change this.

Also, has anyone noticed a smoother interface with 4.4? Meaning, scrolling from screen to screen or just in general everyday use does the phone feel smoother? Apparently this is the big deal with kit kat, better usage of memory.

Also, has anyone noticed a smoother interface with 4.4? Meaning, scrolling from screen to screen or just in general everyday use does the phone feel smoother? Apparently this is the big deal with kit kat, better usage of memory.

No big difference to me. Feels the same actually.

The text auto spacing seems a bit tricky though. Still trying to get use to it and-or find a change in settings

Back
Top Bottom