• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update is live!

If you have any apps that save I the SD card (i use pocket casts for podcasts) you may need to go into the settings and re-select your storage settings. My podcasts wouldn't download until I did.

A few things i have noticed:
- My battery life is WAY better than it was before.
- i don't like the fact that i can't get rid of the lock screen
- SD card seems to function as before, no issues moving apps or apps working
- THANK GOD they gave an option for the blink screen to be turned off, i wasn't a big fan

Other than that, there really aren't that many changes. Very smooth upgrade process for me :) Happy Customer.

Also seemed like the battery life was better (and I was having to do a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling of apps etc as my sd card was wiped out). Not sure why but definitely not going to complain about that. I was fortunately not working yesterday so I'll be able to judge better today (more normal usage). I normally get a full day but it's around 50% when I get home). It doesn't seem to be using any battery when not in use (unlike before).

It's odd that people have reported improved battery life, mine decreased dramatically. From a full 100% down to 14% in less than 8 hours of very light use.

Tons of people have been reporting decreased battery life with 4.4.2 It drains much faster when in sleep mode than 4.2 unfortunately. :(

It's odd that people have reported improved battery life, mine decreased dramatically. From a full 100% down to 14% in less than 8 hours of very light use.

Tons of people have been reporting decreased battery life with 4.4.2 It drains much faster when in sleep mode than 4.2 unfortunately. :(
Anyway to improve this?

Did they get rid of Adobe flash with the update? Can't seem to find it?

Edit- and reinstalling it didn't seem to make it work either ��

Did they get rid of Adobe flash with the update? Can't seem to find it?

Edit- and reinstalling it didn't seem to make it work either ��

Me too, I have it saved in my google play store from way back in the day. It now says "incompatible with this device". Not sure I had installed it on this phone or not? LOL!

They removed flash player in kit kat because its a PoS technology and websites need to keep up with the times, you can hack it to add it back in tho i heard.

As for the navigation app i believe its just called maps now.

Back
Top Bottom