• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Issue: Compass

mkhol

Ok, updated yesterday, some things look cleaner, text box scrolls as you type, but the one thing that I see wrong is the damn compass, both the lock screen and the one in the app.....not working, always showing north as straight ahead of phone no matter what, it worked fine before, how would graphic change affect it?? I re-cal several times, but no luck, has anyone else had this issue? Fix??

I re-cal several times, but no luck, has anyone else had this issue? Fix??

Try turning on gps and then recalibrate the compass. Someone had this problem awhile ago and fixed it like i described.

I found the link:

http://androidforums.com/casio-g-zone-commando/706183-c811.html#post5940767

This is the quote:

runsondiesel said:
The only thing I find dismaying so far is the compass seems to point exactly opposite. At my house I know which way North is….the compass shows South. Calibration didn’t help. I guess I need to “RTFM”, but have to download it because the “FM” doesn’t come in the box.

Update: I turned on GPS and it got it's first fix. After that I turned the GPS back off and noticed that the compass had found its sense of direction. I wouldn't have thought one had anything to do with the other.

Strange, that is what mine does....somewhat.....at a certain point it switches the directions, keep rotating the phone, it points the correct way...tried that fix and it didn't work....i'm in a buidling w/a lot of steel, i'll try again outside when i get home....

Yeah, tried that several times...nothing working so far....another issue I have noticed since the update is recharging...no clue if it is related, but my battery (have the extended one) seems to charge VERY slowly........grrrr.

Back
Top Bottom