• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update methods

dawcha

Lurker
Hello I'm new to this forum. The reason I joined is because I have a nexus 7 with android 4.4.4 and I have a question regarding update methods.

Some time ago I was browsing through the tablet settings and noticed a setting where we can choose whether the updates are done through 3/4G or wifi - I chose wifi to save 3/4G bandwidth costs. However there are times when I want to update via 4G but I can't find where the setting is!

Either it's disappeared or I haven't looked everywhere. Does anyone know where this setting is?

Hello dawcha, welcome to Android Forums.:)

Open the play store app and then tap on the three bars in the upper left and tap on settings. The option you are looking for is auto-update apps over wifi only. If you want to manually update using mobile data or wifi, tap on the three bars and select "my apps". You should see on the top of the list all the apps that have updates available and you can select them one at a time or select update all.

Back
Top Bottom