• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update needed?

stephen65

I'm not very technical so I'm not sure if this phone has been updated since I bought it back last June.

It has some issues. Some that only appear rarely like sudden battery loss. This has happened three times where the phone will go from fully charged to no battery left within a couple of hours and that's when I'm not using it.

Of course it still will not shoot a video without pausing and interrupting.

One of the most annoying things has popped up within the last month or so. In the past when you are making a call and put the phone to your ear the screen would go dark and then if you had to take it away from your ear to push a button or something, the screen would reappear. Now it doesn't do that. The phone stays in normal mode which means the screen totally disappears after a minute. So in order to hang up a call you have to hit the button on the top to make the screen reappear.

So I'm wondering if there is an update that I've missed out on?

Under system version it says 1.3.380.MB870

Under Android version it says 2.3.4

I'm not sure how you check gingerbread versions.

It appears that Motorola and Verizon are not going to update this phone anymore than 2.3.4. What ever happened to their 2 year update phone policy, and their latest "soak" test? This will be my last Motorola phone and probably Verizon period. Need a phone which works on a consistent basis without something always hanging, buttons not working, needing reboots, etc. Also, 'bout fed up with Verizon tacking on a new fee here and there every few months. Just my 2 cents. There are many other competitors out there, even if they are minor players.

Hey Guys,

Soak test going on as we speak started 5-4-12.
Will be 1.3.418.MB870.Verizon.en.US GB v2.35.
Should show up on your phone in next few weeks.:eek:
For what it's worth..;)

See attached

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom