• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update: Rogers Xperia X10 to be priced at $149.99 on 3-year

saltorio

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2010
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
MobileSyrup.com Reports:
Rogers sent out an e-mail last week with an update that the “Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is almost here” and said we’ll be able to pre-order their newest Android device soon.

We have a quick update and have been informed that the X10 will be priced at $549.99 without a contract and $149.99 on a 3-year contract. Also, the rumour floating around about the launch date is set between the April 7th and 14th.

We’ll have more info soon!

Question is: do you care?

$149 is a Great Price for this phone.. I know I will be picking one up when it comes out so will some other people I know... I can't see spending $600 for an N1 when I could use that to go on a vacation for a few days..

Wish I had the money to go on vacation for a few days! :(

With that said, I'll be placing my pre-order for the X10 as soon as Rogers makes it available.

Upvote 0
Got the pre-order announcement from Rogers about an hour ago. It is indeed $149.99 on a new 3-yr contract, and includes a promo for a free MW600 headset.

Rogers puts on pre-order promo for Xperia X10

Looks like the phone will be available in Rogers Plus stores on April 15th as rumored previously, and existing customers will be able to HUP at that point while also qualifying for a free MW600 if they purchase before April 30th.

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA™ X10 HARDWARE UPGRADE PROMOTION

From what I can tell there is no pre-ordering for HUPs. Also, I contacted Customer Relations (retentions) and they didn't have any info on the X10 in their system yet, in case anyone needs to go through them (as I do).

Upvote 0
Got the pre-order announcement from Rogers about an hour ago. It is indeed $149.99 on a new 3-yr contract, and includes a promo for a free MW600 headset.

Rogers puts on pre-order promo for Xperia X10

Looks like the phone will be available in Rogers Plus stores on April 15th as rumored previously, and existing customers will be able to HUP at that point while also qualifying for a free MW600 if they purchase before April 30th.

SONY ERICSSON XPERIA

Upvote 0
Ya I have an upgrade with Costumer Relations at Rogers and they will not have it in there system till 2 days after the phone is released.

Someone over on HoFo stated that it should be available through CR when it's available in-stores, as is usually the case.

Also, I recieved a comment from a Rogers rep via Twitter to "stay tuned" when I asked if there would be an early-HUP offer for existing customers who don't otherwise qualify for a HUP to the X10 yet. Sounds promising.

Upvote 0
Wait until they discount it. The Magic debuted at $149 and very shortly thereafter went down to $79.99.

If you were serious about getting an X10, I would agree with MJSchmidt.

In short, I don't care much about the X10 anymore. I did before the N1 came out and would've also bought the X10 out right. I am 120% done getting into contracts with Rogers or Bell or anybody else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones