• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update to FROYO failed , Critical Error B655 EDDCDear All I have a problem with my milestone and i

isacca

Lurker
Dear All

I have a problem with my milestone and i tried to search all over the forums & internet to find a fix but couldn't. The Froyo was released in our area (EMEA) on the Motorola website but not OTA , i have downloaded the file but whenever i try to update , the progress goes to 16% then it gives an error updating the device , and i Have the following shown on the milestone (Critical Error , BC655 , EDDC) then it restarts and operates normally on the same old version.
Could it be SD card problem? as i'm facing great problems having the device recognize the SD card. I have formatted the SD Card since i bought it and didn't take a backup , didn't know it might have important files on it and couldn't find the original contents on the web . I contacted the local service center and what they could only provide was the Motonav files and nothing more.and still the update is failing.I'm runnig Win 7 64 bit , tried to do it on a 32 bit win 7 machine and same error occurred again.
is this related to the lack of the required original files on the SD? (update.zip...etc)?if yes , anybody can tell me where can i get these? if not , what could be the problem? anybody faced this before? i am afraid to root it and try to install any update and end with a bricked phone because of this.

Phone Details:

FW Version: 2.1 update1
FW Config Ver:GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RTARAB_P011
Kernel Ver: 2.6.29-omap1
Build No:SHOLS_U2_02.27.B

Sorry for the lengthy post , but i have been searching for days with no outcome at all .

Thank you

I have no idea what I could be. Did you try updating with another SD card in it?
The files originally on your SD card aren't that important. This will not be the cause of your problem.

Yes i changed the sd card and still it is not working , done so many hard & soft reset also , not even the service center is able to fix it . and the phone is running perfectly on 2.1

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately it did not work ,
RSD recognizes the phone while it is on and get all info about it ,

but when connected while into bootloader mode , the RSD hangs for a while , recognizes that something is connected but it does not get any info at all , and when i try to flash it fails and same error is shown (Critical Error B655 EDDC) ,

This is really weird as i tried to search online and sounds like no one is getting such an error except me!

Any idea?!

Thanks

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately it did not work ,
RSD recognizes the phone while it is on and get all info about it ,

but when connected while into bootloader mode , the RSD hangs for a while , recognizes that something is connected but it does not get any info at all , and when i try to flash it fails and same error is shown (Critical Error B655 EDDC) ,

This is really weird as i tried to search online and sounds like no one is getting such an error except me!

Any idea?!

Thanks

What bootloader do you have? Did you try to update that one yet?

bootloader is 90.78 , never updated it before , could i be the problem?
Can i update it?

Thank you

You have the same bootloader as I do, and there is no version to update to.
There's a 90.78ch version though that works on A853 as well.
YOu could try to just reflash the bootloader, don't know if it is going to help anything but it's better than to do nothing i guess. :)

Edit: here's the link where you can find the boatloaders: http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone

Thank you for the help ,
I don't want to brick the phone....any chance flashing this loader might be harmful?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom