• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update.zip for B12

Ripped the update.zip for B12 from the system. It should probably be noted that I have the T-Mo ZMax, I think (got this one from an insurance claim after my first one's screen cracked.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfnl4fzcmuqeqsp/update.zip?dl=0
Maybe someone could alter it so that we can flash via twrp so we can maintain root. Also, if anyone wants further options for their network like only being on LTE or 4G, go to the dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#*, then phone information, then change the network type to whatever you want via the dropbox. Didn't get an md5 for the zip so beware.

Last edited:
When I tried to flash via twrp it sent back an update binary error. Has anyone tried to unzip it, switch update binaries, rezip and sign, then flash?

Ripped the update.zip for B12 from the system. It should probably be noted that I have the T-Mo ZMax, I think (got this one from an insurance claim after my first one's screen cracked.)
Maybe someone could alter it so that we can flash via twrp so we can maintain root. Also, if anyone wants further options for their network like only being on LTE or 4G, go to the dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#*, then phone information, then change the network type to whatever you want via the dropbox. Didn't get an md5 for the zip so beware.
What does your build number currently end with?

the update.zip is for the MetroPCS variant becuase when i try to update my TMO variant it says "MPCS" in the verifying stage of installation from sdcard.

Careful.. Last I heard, B13 relocks everything down and makes unRootable... [emoji317]

@fino8129 I m gathering info to see if it might be possible to patch BNv2 for stagefright from what i have seen on XDA all is needed is to copy and paste the system\lib\*stagefright*.so files and while i am at it i figured i would give theVolte a shot as well.
1) Will you please install run and post a screen capture of Zimperium stagefright detector app on your B12 phone and B13 phone. please label each capture so i can see if there is a diference.

2) Does your B13 phone have Volte options in the settings menu? would love a screen capture of that if you can .

3) What happens when you goto settings>about phone>updates on your B12 phone? If it does start to D\L b13 would be great if you could upload it . I Think if you just let it install after it downloads it will delete the file. if you D\l with low battery lvl i think it will not install, but it will d/l .
@Masterchief87
if you had to guess wouldn't you say the telephony.apk would contain the Volte

does B12 support Volte ?
Thanks for any Help you can supply !!!

Back
Top Bottom