• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updates on JB?

xguy

Android Enthusiast
Has anyone got the good, bad, and ugly on the JB update? I've been holding off for close to a month now, having to press "install later" waiting for any opinions.

Thanks in advance!:)

I waited for a bit to update and I wish I did it earlier. There are many little improvements to JB that make it a better over all user friendly device.

There seem to be a few complaints about certain apps not working or not being compatible with JB (FM Radio and Zumocast are 2 that stick out) but otherwise, I think the overall feeling is JB= GOOD.

Has anyone got the good, bad, and ugly on the JB update? I've been holding off for close to a month now, having to press "install later" waiting for any opinions.

First, I did a FDR (Factory Data Reset) after the JB update.

A couple things I don't/didn't like:

1. My ringtones/notifications are still screwed up. Work sometime, than quit.

2. When my Bionic is in my car on Bluetooth in the Car Dock, I no long have an option to hit the Speaker Phone...which irritates me.

Here's a few on the other side ...

FM Radio is gone in JB.

I have a notification sound that I really like ... it is constantly not found by the system and some dumb sound plays in its place.

The volume controls keep being set to some value I did not select. I don;t know what app is doing it. I just want to set them all to maximum and have the system and all apps leave them alone.

Battery life "seems" shorter. I now need to recharge before the end of the day. With ICS I never thought about it ... I just put it on the charger when I turned in.

... Thom

Thanks guys, the opinions seemed to be split down the middle. My main concern is voice quality and fast internet with no lag. It still lags at times but not near as bad on GB.

OK, as I said before I'm both phone and computer challenged!:D I'm running Windows 7 so can some give step by step instructions how to save my contacts and pics on my computer before I do the factory reset after the update?

There seem to be a few complaints about certain apps not working or not being compatible with JB (FM Radio and Zumocast are 2 that stick out) but otherwise, I think the overall feeling is JB= GOOD.

Zumocast works for me but I had a copy of the app saved. :D

I vote for DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

NO FM RADIO
Google search took over my Bluetooth voice calling. Fixed by uninstalling.
Defaults were reset.
Location permissions have to be confirmed twice. ICS made it once.
SLEEP mosee is gone.
When shutting down ya have road confirm after indicating yes.

It is like they made JB for a phone more like a Windows laptop.

Back
Top Bottom