• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updating PRL Manually

LAWLETTE

I have a 2 part question

I want to update my PRL manually. Mainly because I need to put a different one on for a couple days. I've done it with older phones but not an android one.

1: is it possible to update a PRL through Clockwork Recovery or like a zip file on sd
2: CDMA workshop won't recognize my phone for some reason could it be because I'm on gingerbread and some of the Dialer codes do not work so I cannot put it into dial up mode which is what all the tutorials say to do?

Have you tried using Odin to go back to stock rom updating your prl and then back to your gb rom?

It all boils down to how bad you want to do it. How bad you want it would be directly proportional to the number of hoops you'd be willing to jump through. If you do a backup in CWM of your current gb rom then flashing back shoudn't be that much of a hassle.

The prl update will survive the rom change.

Its not that I want to update the rom to another boost rom. I wanted to put like older or different phone prls on my Prevail.

To my knowledge you can not just flash a PRL zip in C.W.M. and have it work. Cyanogenmod doesn't have the hidden menu feature for us to be able to update the PRL, so if you absolutely need to you'll have to Odin back to non Cyanogen and update it in WORKSHOP or over the air.

for some reason cdma workshop doesnt read the prevail on gingerbread you will need to odin back to stock froyo and then put your prevail in dm mode and cdma workshop will now be able to read ur phone.

Back
Top Bottom