• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updating To ICS when rooted?

Hey Im just wondering what i would need to do when Telus releases ICS for the GS2x. Im new to this although I jailbroke my old iPhone... But this is a little more complicated than that was.

I rooted my phone on version 2.3.5 kernel version 2.6.35.11.
I followed this guide http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...d-ultimate-root-optimization-guide-steps.html
and chose the Mr. X's Rooted Telus Rom with CIQ removed.

So now that you know what I've got running on my phone my question is, what ill need to do if I want to update to Telus' ICS update when it comes out? Is there going to be any problems? Loss of info and stuff like that? I looked all over and couldn't find an answer specific enough to address my question.:dontknow:

From what I have read in the Root section of the T-Mobile area, rooting your phone will not prevent a successful upgrade to ICS, it will undo your root.

On the other hand, you don't have a stock ROM so I do not know how that will affect the update. If you are unable to get a response in the Root section then my suggestion would be to flash back to the stock ROM before "early June" according to the Telus info for ICS. Get the update, then root again.

Back
Top Bottom