• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrade to marshmallow?

When I find someone I'll post with an update. I agree about battery life on marshmallow; Google has improved it with the OS version.

I think from a battery perspective: Lollipop to Marshmallow = definitely. KitKat to Marshmallow = maybe. Wife just did that and immediately complained about lack of screen time. I noticed a huge drop too when i went KitKat to Lollipop.

Lollipop was horrible overall. Nothing worked correctly for me. I only lasted 1 day on lollipop and then quickly went back to KitKat. That's why I was so nervous about upgrading to marshmallow.

Personally, i think marshmellow is better than KK. Battery life may be slightly worse, but at the same time, all the features that have been added make the change make sense to me. I've seen no real issues other than smart lock > trusted places occasionally failing till a reboot.

Personally, i think marshmellow is better than KK. Battery life may be slightly worse, but at the same time, all the features that have been added make the change make sense to me. I've seen no real issues other than smart lock > trusted places occasionally failing till a reboot.

I'd say that screen on time may be somewhat worse on Marshmallow but standby time has improved quite a bit.

I play games on my phone all day so it dies fast but I do notice better battery life when I'm not using it. Like someone else said, you wake up in the morning and half your battery isn't gone anymore. I've been using MM for a few weeks now and coming from KK I would say it's a solid version of Android.

I'm still on KK. The only time I notice my battery depleting abnormally when the phone is turned off is when I discover that for some reason either WiFi or Location (GPS) is still on after I'm sure I turned it off earlier. Also, the battery meter often indicates WiFi has been on all night when it has definitely been off. Re-booting the phone seems to cure that problem and only takes a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom