• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading from Droid - Does Market populate all apps?

spiff72

For those of you who have now gotten your phones and upgraded from another android phone - did you sign in to the market/configure the phone with same gmail account?

And what I really want to know - did your previously installed apps (both free and paid) automatically download?

Thanks!

First question: Yes.

Second question: No. Only the paid one's showed up for me. All the free ones I had to just go find manually :/

Hmm - that sucks...

If/when I pick one up I am going to do a Titanium Backup of all my apps. I know they haven't rooted it yet, but when they do, I am hoping that this backup can be useful. It might be rooted before I get mine :D

Just not sure if Titanium Backup is "safe" for moving apps between phones (via the SDcard).

Thanks

I believe Astro can back up all your apps (not the settings, though) and you can reinstall your apps from there. The Market will sync with your apps (takes a little bit) on your phone so they show up under downloads.

If you want to backup your apps, download App Monster. It's the perfect app. it's what I'm using to transfer my apps.

Back
Top Bottom