• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrading stock swype and other....

jeffzz421

Jan 19, 2011
Hey guys, Ive looked a few places and it seems that updating our stock swype keyboard is possible but we have to delete a few of the old files. I was wondering if anyone has tried this or was thinking about it? Reason being I have heard the new swype beta is much better and more accurate.

Also, I was thinking about getting rid of the messaging widget and memo widgets that constantly run as services in the background. Anyone done this or know if its completely safe to do so?

Hey guys, Ive looked a few places and it seems that updating our stock swype keyboard is possible but we have to delete a few of the old files. I was wondering if anyone has tried this or was thinking about it? Reason being I have heard the new swype beta is much better and more accurate.

Also, I was thinking about getting rid of the messaging widget and memo widgets that constantly run as services in the background. Anyone done this or know if its completely safe to do so?

I haven't tried to upgrade Swype yet but, I have gotten rid of all stock widgets on my phone. Just make sure you delete the widget only and not the actual app. Memo is only a widget but the calendar and messaging have stock apps that you don't want to get rid of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones