• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading to ICS questions.

Vypertech

Lurker
Jan 19, 2013
I am a SII owner and have been thinking about upgrading to ICS but have a couple of questions/concerns. First I'm really looking forward to getting JB, I have a tablet that was upgraded to JB automaticly from ICS just from updating. I know I need to use Kies to get ICS, but when JB becomes available will I need to go through Kies again? Or is ICS just able to be upgraded through normal updates?

My other question is, whats the best way to backup game saves (if thats even possible) and all my info to migrate it over to ICS.

Thanks for your time, any advice is always appreciated.:)

Whether or not an update will be released through Kies or OTA is dependent upon who is sending updates to you (carrier vs Samsung themselves). Samsung usually sends updates via Kies, and for what its worth, updating via Kies is better than OTA.

Like chanchan has stated above me typically it is up to your carrier to release certain updates to your device.

If you are really concerned you can either browser the subforum for your particular S2 version since there are tons and see if it is released or try contacting your carrier.

Or just plain and simple download the correct version of Kies for your device and see if there is an update available :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones