• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Urgent advice about factory reset needed!!!

jmikey

Lurker
I accidentally removed the stock weather/clock widget from the homescreen and I can't add it back on. The advice I've seen given is to do a factory reset but I want to know exactly what will be deleted.

everything will be deleted. will be like a new phone. if you are using google services like contacts and calendar etc that stuff will return. maybe pics and docs you will need to back up

Hi jmikey, and welcome to AF :)

That sounds like bad advice to me. I've not used Sense 4, but you haven't uninstalled it (you can't without rooting) so it has to be possible to restore it.

Have you perhaps accidentally hidden/disabled it? Can you see it in the applications menu (all apps rather than downloaded, may be at the bottom if disabled, as I say I don't know this software)? If so select it and see whether there's an enable button.

I'm only guessing as to why you can't just restore the widget though. If you can give us more information about what you did and what you've tried it might help someone suggest a solution.

(P.S. if you had managed to uninstall it, which as I say you can't do on an unmodified phone, then a factory reset wouldn't restore it. All that does is erase all user data and settings, nothing more).

make sure you don't have "don't keep activities" checked in Developer options,as that feature doesn't allow some widgets to work.
also factory reset deletes user installed apps,customizations etc but it will not erase the SD card.
ps: do you even see the widgets in the widget menu or they are gone?

Back
Top Bottom