• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

US Galaxy S2 - too much like HTC?

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hello there

Nothing important, just came across the US version of GS2, and came to realize that it looks exactly like my wife's HTC Sensation XL.
What puzzles me is, why can't they stick to some kind of common button style, some sort of consistency. SG2 3 buttons, Tab no button, SG2 USA - 4 buttons.....

I was playing with Galaxy tab 7.7 just now, helping friend set up the basic things. The menu and other buttons don't work exactly like they do in GS2, it felt like competing in special olympic. In some apps I couldn't find menu at all.
Very frustrating having functionality all different.

d710_400x400_large1_cf_1.jpg

111007-HTCSensationXL-3.jpg

Well first, American carriers just like to mess with phones too much which is why all the Galaxy S/S2s have slight variations.
For the Tab 7.7, you're running ICS so the menu button will be in different places depending on the app. Frustrating at first, but you get used to it (I have two devices on ICS). Not sure if your GS2 has been updated yet, but it should be soon to ICS.

Back
Top Bottom