• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Car Charger - $1.66 (shipped)

square

Android Enthusiast
USB Car Charger - Black

Use code FD15

item-6607-2-500.jpg

Good luck with it. I bought a similair charger from monoprice and it does charge the droid BUT only at a very low rate. Not enough to keep the phone on and definitely not enough to charge the phone when it is on. So buyer beware.

I also had something very similar that came with my gps puck. I tried using it on the Droid but it didn't produce enough power. My Droid still turned itself off because of no batt power even while plugged in.

Good luck with it. I bought a similair charger from monoprice and it does charge the droid BUT only at a very low rate. Not enough to keep the phone on and definitely not enough to charge the phone when it is on. So buyer beware.

Strange, mine from monoprice charges my droid very quick....

Strange, mine from monoprice charges my droid very quick....

Well, they are sending me a replacement so we will see.
Does the little white light next to the micro usb port ever rapidly blink for a while ? I wonder what that means.
Only happens when I use the monoprice charger.

I don't think i'd but a charger that doesn't tell you the power output.

USB is a standard 5V and 1.8A max for a dedicated charging port. The white label on the side will say if you buy it and want to double check before using it. It's a bit blurry in the picture but I can make out "Input DC 12V-24V Output DC..." and then it gets too blurry.

Back
Top Bottom