• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Connection Problem with PC

ag2000ir

Jan 19, 2012
Recently I am having a problem when I want to connect my Exhibit II to PC. I get this page after connecting the cable, and the phone memory drives never show up
1239q2g.png

It happens both in debugging and non-debugging modes.
I have no idea where this page comes from!!

Thanks

Recently I am having a problem when I want to connect my Exhibit II to PC. I get this page after connecting the cable, and the phone memory drives never show up

It happens both in debugging and non-debugging modes.
I have no idea where this page comes from!!

Thanks

I believe that's the docking screen, it thinks you're plugging your phone into a dock (I think, I could be completely wrong)

BEFORE you plug your phone into the computer go into Menu>Settings>Wireless and network>USB utilities and select "Connect storage to PC". Then connect it to your PC, that SHOULD work.

Upvote 0
I believe that's the docking screen, it thinks you're plugging your phone into a dock (I think, I could be completely wrong)

BEFORE you plug your phone into the computer go into Menu>Settings>Wireless and network>USB utilities and select "Connect storage to PC". Then connect it to your PC, that SHOULD work.

Didn't work.
Looks HW or cable issue, will try another cable.

Upvote 0

Doesn't work correctly. This method does put two new removable drives on Explorer (I assume the phone and the sd card), but neither is accessible. Choose to open either one and it says to insert a disk in the removable drive.

Upvote 0
There is something mysterious about the Samsung cable. I posted this in a rooting forum:
"To anyone having trouble getting the pc to recognize that the Samsung Exhibit II is connected:
Use only the Samsung data cable. A generic one won't work. I had the same problem using a usb data cable from an old LG on my Samsung. It would charge the battery but that was all. Once I switched to the Samsung cable that came with my phone, everything went fine. (Of course, you still need to install the Exhibit drivers; works with Exhibit II)

BTW, works fine on Mac with VMWare running Win XP."

Upvote 0
There is something mysterious about the Samsung cable. I posted this in a rooting forum:
"To anyone having trouble getting the pc to recognize that the Samsung Exhibit II is connected:
Use only the Samsung data cable. A generic one won't work. I had the same problem using a usb data cable from an old LG on my Samsung. It would charge the battery but that was all. Once I switched to the Samsung cable that came with my phone, everything went fine. (Of course, you still need to install the Exhibit drivers; works with Exhibit II)

BTW, works fine on Mac with VMWare running Win XP."

That might be correct, but mine was the original Samsung cable that failed to connect. However, a generic worked.

Upvote 0
I've had the same issues with my Exhibit II. This is my third one in a year and a half. After a while, they just lose functionability which sucks because I'm planning a wedding next month and traveling for Christmas so I can't afford to upgrade until tax return season.

Anyhoosies, today I was trying to move some music from my PC to my phone. The USB wouldn't connect at first (as in my laptop didn't recognize that the device was connected; it just charged the phone) and I am using the Samsung USB cord from the charger that came with the lastest phone T-Mobile has given me. So I rebooted the phone, clicked Settings, then Wireless and Networks, then USB Capabilities BEFORE plugging the cord into my laptop. I clicked Connect USB and while still on that screen, plugged the cord in to my USB port and when the screen changed, I immediately clicked Connect Storage to PC. And it worked! The Autoplay automatically opens both the phone storage file and my SD card file. Good luck with your Exhibit II problems but just know, these phones are cheap and you get what you pay for. Don't plan on having it long.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones