• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB connector - poor quality?

As an update to my battery charging problem, I've noticed...

1. My new 2.1A wall charger does indeed provide a faster charge than the stock 500mA charger.

2. The HOX+ USB connector does NOT provide a secure connection and often the cable needs to be "jiggled" to get a connection so charger can do its' job. At times, the cable simply does not "connect" even though it is inserted into the USB connector.

QUESTION: Does anyone else notice this poor USB connector on their HOX+ that does not offer a secure connection?

Mine is fine with both the charger it came with and a spare I bought from Amazon to keep at work.

Yes, the whole charging apparatus for the HOX+ is pretty crappy.
I have found that a "high-speed" or "power only" micro usb cord work quite well to actually quickly charge the HOX+.

I also noticed that my charge port is kinda sucky.
Generally, the solution is to look at your cord rather than the port. The port jacks up your cord's connection (at least, mine...), and the little pins recess into the charger a bit. If you can take something like a safety pin (be sure to have the charger unplugged before attempting...) and push/pry the little pins up so that they will again grab inside your phone [also, see below for tutorial on cleaning out the inside of your phone port], everything works better for a while. Now, you may need to do this every few weeks or so, or you could try a new cord - assuming your problem is indeed similar to mine...

Fixing a micro-usb cord:
[Tutorial] Fix looseness from microUSB port - xda-developers

Hope that helped.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom