• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An UrgeTo Dance

The Hero of the Winds
Jul 22, 2010
Alright so I have a weird charging issue happening. The phone does not show that it is charging... unless it is off. It is a "new" refurbished phone from Sprint that I got yesterday. It is still stock have done nothing to it except sign in to my Gmail account. It charged the first time I plugged it in and then after that nothing.

When I go into battery settings, it shows that it is not charging but if I leave it sit there the percent will go up. It will also not connect to my computer so I can not move any files to it. It is however recognized by fastboot, so I could unlock it and flash all of the Sprint factory images but I doubt that would help.

So in a nutshell it says its not charging but it is. It will show it is plugged in if the phone is off though. I have no access to the usb storage from my computer but I have fastboot access. If anyone could help please do because I just got this referb and would prefer to not go get another.

Thanks
Urge

What charger are you using? If its not a 1mah charger it may not do anything but trickle charge. Also its possible the port on the phone is defective. I've seen many reports of phones not charging or reporting the wrong status.

Also some cheap USB cables won't allow the PC to recognize the phone. You may need to find other drivers for the PC as they have been very unreliable and problematic for many.

Reactions: An UrgeTo Dance
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones