• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Use BOTH SD-card slots?

RAC132

Lurker
[Using FunnyComb-4 based on Tim5a]

Hi folks,

The FT comes with 2 microSD (TF) card slots, one internal and one accessible on the outside. When I was using various FileManagers, they all showed that the machine has names 'SDcard1' and 'SDcard2', so I was hopeful that the internal slot would be '1' and the external slot would be '2'... but no!

When I put a microSD card into the external slot, it does NOT become '2'. The internal slot ('1') hides, and the external slot changes its name to '1'.

So although this machine has 2 slots, only ONE is usable at any one time.

Is there any way to actually use BOTH slots at the same time? I don't care which is '1' and which is '2' but I'd like to be able to use BOTH!

Thanks
RAC

iirc you have to start the FT with the external card in before booting, then just leave it in.

Then unmount before removing, but best practice is just to leave it all the time.

The internal is at mnt/local or at /sdcard when the external is in. It depends what file browser you are using. It is still fully usable. Filemanager and MyPad both start in local.

Back
Top Bottom