• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Used autoroot, hate the new status bar.

Msn I wish I knew, It was a package, download it, install latest htc sync and extract the package file, run autoroot.bat(?) and then wait for the command to do its thing and i guess it loads unrEVOked? idk, I'd paste the link but SOMEBODY(bad call) deleted my thread.

Okay, well, first of all, are you fully rooted? Let's start with this before even checking that:

menu->settings->about phone->software information.

Can you list what you see there?

2.6.32.17-gee557fd
htc-kernel@ang18-2#15
3.70.651.1 cl294884 release-keys
webkit 3.1
1.90_003

I do have the superuser icon in my list, and able to flash roms. I've been rooting droids for some time now.

Oh, so you're able to flash custom ROMs? Did you flash a different ROM after you rooted? I'm not sure I quite understand what your problem is. Are you saying the status bar changed?

I rooted using that program i explained and that changed the status bar itself, it use to have the one icon that changed between 3g and 4g, this new one has both, the 3g where it always is and the 4g icon all the way to the left. I did a backup after I rooted, today I flashed cyanogenmod7, had issues with it so I restored to that one I backed up.

4G icon all the way on the left means that your 4g radio is on and searching. Have you tried to see if 4G is on and if it is turn it off?

I'm not sure all I know is I flip the toggle to on and it goes orange then green, but it stays all the way to the left and 3g where it should be.. Man I feel like an idiot lol.

I was actually out and about today and noticed 4g had replaced the 3g logo so it must be the same, just don't like seeing that big gps icon. Blah.

Back
Top Bottom