• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Used my upgrade and have a new 4G LTE

JKH62

Not too shabby out of the box and migrating my calender , address book and Opera browser & bookmarks went well. I did look for a while on how to add a pause in my voice mail phone number that somehow lost the "P" for pause when imported. I pulled my swiftkey keyboard down from the playstore but using that as the default keyboard the pause button never appeared to edit the contact number. I had to use the Verizon installed keyboard to access the pause key to get my voice mail retrieval a one button affair.

This thing is stoked with extra crap I really want to freeze or delete. Right now I am debating on if I root it tomorrow or wait a while to see if I have a "good one".

Anyone else root theirs in the 1st 24 hours of owning ?

I did, but I didn't keep it rooted. For some reason it kept asking for root privileges for settings. Made me nervous so I unrooted it. I can do almost everything I needed to anyhow so that's OK.

i rooted mine that hour ha, havent looked back, and have never been asked for root permissions for settings apk... interesting things going on there.

I just re-rooted it yesterday. What is really interesting is if I deny root after a little while a yellow triangle appears in the status bar and an annoucement that the device is rooted. Giving settings root and rebooting makes it go away. I guess there is something I need to delete but I don't know what.

Glad I waited and did not root yet.....I lost 4G on my phone and needed a new SIM card.
I posted the detail on the 4G forum.

My phone was running great for a day. I lost 4G connection and could onlhy run 3G and it was struggling with data & browsing under 3G. I had the SIM replaced at the local Vz store and now its running fine again. I usually wait the 15 day trial to see if the phone works well then root it but its killing me NOT doing it. I am glad I waited.

Back
Top Bottom