• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root User Error - Moto Droid RAZR MAXX (XT912) now bricked! Any Solutions???

Hey there guys! Thank you all so much for the excellent support! Over the past few days there has been blood, sweat, and tears over this but I have finally done it using the UnBrick Jelly Bean tool to flash Jelly Bean back in stock form onto my Razr Maxx. There were a few issues so I will post full details below for futher reference for the Android community.

After the attempt to flash ICS failed, I followed instructions according to you guys and the tool designer (UnBrick Jelly Bean) exept for one thing... after the JB flash was finished it asks you to do a wipe of your phone to ensure the OTA re-install goes smoothly. If you do it and let your phone try to boot you will get into a bootloop.

At this point you have to use Unbrick Jelly Bean all over again and that gets quite annoying. What you must do to ensure it boots correctly is follow the directions again including the wipe but do NOT reboot. At the AP fastboot screen press the power button and turn the phone off but do NOT touch the power button again! Next, ...

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold down Power button plus both Volume Buttons) making SURE your phone does NOT boot normally. Every time you boot normally after using UnBrick Jelly Bean, it will corrupt system files or something similar, therefore you HAVE to start over. What you really need to do is: ...

After the tool does its wipe and you have rebooted into recovery, perform a Cache Wipe, then a Data Wipe/Factory install yourself INSIDE of RECOVERY. Then WITHOUT rebooting, install the OTA leak from your external Micro-SD card.

This was the ONLY method that worked for me. I tried every other option/order of steps and just got a bootloop. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!

I was screwed.. You rock man. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom