• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using EDGE Network can we connect to Andriod Market?

Hello Guys,

New to Andriod, Configued the GPRS Setting on my Andriod MicroMax A60.

Not abel to conntect to the Gmail, Andriod Market, Able to browse gmail and other.. through Browser only/..
please help me..

Regards,
Chandra

Getting this message wheni try connect to any of the above.

--------------
Can't estab;lish a reliable data connection to the server.
-----------------------------
This could be a tempory problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care.

sorry I think that won't help. I have the same issue (and many others in different forums alike). I retried like a hundred times. No change. I guess somehow the GPRS/EDGE connection is not properly forwarded to apps though the browser works fine. I hope anyone got other ideas than "try again" for that issue. :-)

hey this problem came for me when gprs accounts were not properly configured . so go to nearest outlet of your service provider and ask them to edit you settings. if your service provider is tata docomo then these are access point configuration

NAME- TATA
APN- TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET(to edit these settings go to settings select wireless networks go to the last option in that window and then select gsm options(this is also last option in that page) thn go to access points select create new access point.0

hey this problem came for me when gprs accounts were not properly configured . so go to nearest outlet of your service provider and ask them to edit you settings. if your service provider is tata docomo then these are access point configuration

NAME- TATA
APN- TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET(to edit these settings go to settings select wireless networks go to the last option in that window and then select gsm options(this is also last option in that page) thn go to access points select create new access point.)
THATS ALL LEAVE OUT ALL WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING

does anyone got it working with vodafone gprs/edge? I received the configuration and it works fine with android browser and dolphin HD but still no other App is connected. I do not hv the possibility to go to a vodafone store at the moment.

I did! I had the automatically received settings -> no work for apps and also set up the APN manually -> also not working for apps.

So if anyone actually HAS Vodafone GRPS/Edge working I would very much appreciate if he/she could post the settings here.

Back
Top Bottom