• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using G-shock watch for alarm clock?

redfishsc

Oct 10, 2011
Living room
I use the Alarm Clock Plus app, and it doesn't seem to alert the G-Shock watch. I haven't tried the phone's native alarm with the watch (I don't use it for various reasons).

Does anyone know how to get the phone to recognize such alarms?

I do have the watch set to chime/vibe on all communication events from the phone (call/mail/other). It will chime/vibe when I get a text, call, etc, but nothing when the alarm goes off.

I use the phone for my alarm, as it's louder than the watch and has more choices in alarm sounds. I have used the watch for an alarm (by setting the alarm clock on the watch) when the phone was out of commission, but the tones are so quiet, if you sleep deeply you might miss the alarm. You can also set multiple alarms on the watch itself though.

Does the watch pick up alerts from the calendar app on the phone?

Perhaps one way you could achieve what you're trying to do, though I don't see the advantage over the phones' alarm, is schedule a recurring email to be sent at a certain time, and the watch will alert when the email comes in, but that seems like a lot of work for not much return...

something like this might work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LinuxKid.TextAlarm

Upvote 0
lol i bring home paychecks and smoke dont fret!

you can too if youd just quit letting the man and his lackeys get you down.( or you could move to Colorado where these guys just made a million dollars in one day selling it where its legal.) hehe

You are one of the very, very, very rare folks that I've met that I know that smoke it, and aren't 30-year old, single, poorly-groomed pajama-bloggers that live with their mother and talk as if they are always out of breath.

Yeah I know that's a stereotype, but some stereotypes are actually accurate and deserved ;)..........:smokingsomb:

Before anyone takes offense to this, I'm speaking as a person who sees the following in my family. EVERY person whom I know does not smoke pot is able to support themselves and their family in a stable job. ALL but ONE of the people whom I know do smoke pot (out of six) won't hold a job for longer than a couple weeks, almost always get fired or quit for moron reason, and are always always depending on other people to pay for keeping them alive.

So, I have a right to be a bigot on this issue :) Have a nice day, and take my comments for what they are worth, which might not be much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones