• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using Hey Google to cancel an alarm

csdude55

Lurker
Sep 13, 2022
I set an alarm before going outside to work, but can't find a way to stop it using voice command. It's a pain to have to take off my gloves to manually close it, then put them back on to finish cleaning up.

Any suggestions on how to cancel the alarm with a voice command?

Upvote 0
I've tried "Stop", "Hey Google, stop", "Hey Google, cancel the alarm", and "Hey google, stop the alarm".

"Stop" didn't do anything.

The others resulted in Google replying with "you can do that in the app", while continuing the alarm :-/

@Milo Williamson , I looked at the link you gave but I don't have what it described! When I look at the list of alarms there's no down arrow at all. If I select the alarm then I have an up-down menu button (imagine <> turned 90 degrees), but when I click that I just have "Turn off" and "Delete".

I'm using a Galaxy S22 SM-S901U, and for the clock I'm using version 12.1.21.2 (which is says is the latest version).

Upvote 0
I've tried "Stop", "Hey Google, stop", "Hey Google, cancel the alarm", and "Hey google, stop the alarm".

"Stop" didn't do anything.

The others resulted in Google replying with "you can do that in the app", while continuing the alarm :-/

@Milo Williamson , I looked at the link you gave but I don't have what it described! When I look at the list of alarms there's no down arrow at all. If I select the alarm then I have an up-down menu button (imagine <> turned 90 degrees), but when I click that I just have "Turn off" and "Delete".

I'm using a Galaxy S22 SM-S901U, and for the clock I'm using version 12.1.21.2 (which is says is the latest version).
Have you lowered down the volume though?

Upvote 0
Hmm, maybe it's cause I didn't say "henceforth"... I didn't think of that! LOL

@Unforgiven , I always create mine via voice command, so that's not it. Thanks for the note, though! I'll have to remember it.

@Milo Williamson , I'm not sure what you mean about the volume. Do you mean to lower the volume enough so that OK Google can hear me? If so, that wouldn't be the issue since it replies with "you can do that in the app".

Upvote 0
Hmm, maybe it's cause I didn't say "henceforth"... I didn't think of that! LOL

@Unforgiven , I always create mine via voice command, so that's not it. Thanks for the note, though! I'll have to remember it.

@Milo Williamson , I'm not sure what you mean about the volume. Do you mean to lower the volume enough so that OK Google can hear me? If so, that wouldn't be the issue since it replies with "you can do that in the app".
Phone's volume all the way down before heading out,ergo you would not have that problem..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones