• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Annoying little problem...

joesixpack

Android Enthusiast
I've just gone through the process of unlocking and rooting my GN. I flashed Bugless Beast Jellybean with the faux kernel. I'm getting all my apps set up and I run into a problem with one app - Doodle Jump. I try to install it from the play store (already purchased it) and I get the following error:

Error - Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card

Is there a way I can make this install happen? It's just one app and it's a silly game, but it's the fact that it won't install that's driving me nuts. As usual, all help is appreciated.

I don't know how to fix it but I had a similar problem.

I was using Vicious Jelly Bean and Paper Camera installed but when an update came out this week I got the same error you got when I tried to update it. I got the same thing when I tried to buy Amazing Alex even though the free version installed just fine.

Both problems were fixed when I switch to Bugless Beast. I'm using the stock kernel that came with the ROM. I was using Faux with Vicious JB, so maybe that's the source of the problem. Try a new kernel and see if it fixes things.

An alternate workaround, not a fix:
my device (smartq q8 running 4.1.1 - stock) was not showing smdl2tmp1.asec in either place where it could be found, and so the accepted fix for this problem was not available (tried deleting the entire directories where the file could be located, still not successful, unmounting the sd card was also unsuccessful).
A workaround that I discovered was to load the file on another device and dropbox it to myself, wherein I was able to download it directly to the device and install it.
Also, for a couple apps I was able to find them in an Aptiode store, and install them from there.
The apps install fine when run as an .apk, it's something in the install process from the play store.
This pretty much confirms it is a Play Store issue, and even though it has been around in some incarnation or another since at least 2.2 it still has not been remedied.
I'm posting this here in hopes that someone who knows the inner workings of Android OS better than I will be able to find the true source of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom