• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Can I root and leave everything else "as is"?

joesixpack

Android Enthusiast
Hey all:

Haven't even got my S4 yet and I'm already thinking about rooting. Was thinking of using the one-click tool to do it, but I really don't want to flash a ROM just yet. All I really want is to get rid of apps I'll never use (especially Big Red's bloat-crap), use my Titanium Backup Pro from my GNex days, run some apps that need root, and get my beloved Google Wallet back!

Can I root and leave TouchWiz the way it is? If so, is it a big deal to unroot and go back to the way everything was if I had to make a warranty claim? I've rooted my phone before, but rooting a GNex seems like child's play compared to this.

Told you I asked a lot of questions! As usual, all help greatly appreciated.

I use the Sprint version, but I believe the answer is the same.
Yes - you can root and leave TouchWiz the way it is.
Rooting this is almost as easy as rooting the GNex (at least on the Sprint version) - I'm guessing the same applies to the Verizon version too.

I didn't flash a new ROM, and didn't need a "trangle away" app (didn't even know about this app) :)

I don't know about the unrooting - there are videos that show how to do that, but I personally haven't tried it, so can't confirm.

Back
Top Bottom