• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] how to check if your on latest CWM

I guess you could always also re-flash it from ROM Manager if you've originally flashed it from there (I'm running a different version of the touch-based recovery that I prefer, so I can't do this).

Cheers!

I think you and I are using the same one - the "unofficial" one that came out first. I've been mildly worried about when CWM does get an update, but I assume our version will get updated and posted in the forums, don't you think?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I think you and I are using the same one - the "unofficial" one that came out first. I've been mildly worried about when CWM does get an update, but I assume our version will get updated and posted in the forums, don't you think?

I think mine's from rootzwiki (the unstableapps version, if I'm not mistaken)...its the one with the soft keys (arrows) at the bottom...I like navigating via those more than touching the entries/screen itself.

I don't know what kind of updates they'll do, but unless there's a bug discovered or new functionality that's needed, I think we're fine.

Cheers!

Reactions: quiklives
Upvote 0
Hey just curious on how to check if I'm on the most recent CWM. Sorry if this is dumb, and I'm sure it's very simple but I just want to make sure I know how to check lol.

In my slumbering stupor late last night I replied to you and now realize my reply did not specifically address your Q.

If you open Rom Manager it shows what recovery you're on 1st thing in the app list. Although it says I'm running 5.5.0.4, I'm really running 5.8.0.2 so maybe not the best way to see :p

Or you could go here

Or like my first reply, to see what version you have installed, as soon as you boot into recovery it will display what version you're presently on.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones