• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Is there an easy path from 4.3 rooted to 4.4.2 rooted?

darkcyber

Android Expert
I am currently running Hyperdrive RSL7 (4.3) and was wondering is there an easy upgrade path to 4.4.2 Hyperdrive? Or do I have to flash stock 4.3 and then update to 4.4.2 and then root again and install my custom ROM's? Wow! a lot of questions there :D

Well I did make a guide, pretty much is a fairly straightforward method to upgrade to 4.4.2 rooted: http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga.../852829-guide-nonrooted-rooted-4-3-4-4-a.html

OK, just read through your guide (sorry been busy since I originally posted this and haven't gotten back to it until now).

You say if you are 4.3 and rooted to skip steps 1-23 and start at step 24.

So, where are you actually loading 4.4.2? Is it just installing a 4.4.2 ROM and that gets you to 4.4.2? Because that is all I'm really seeing in steps 24 + is loading a ROM. Does flashing a 4.4.2 ROM update your firmware to 4.4.2? Also, if that is the case, then you are not updating to the newer version of SafeStrap until after 4.4.2 is installed? I am getting ready to move up to 4.4.2 and just making sure I don't brick mine for a day :)

Digital Controller said:
The Optional Stuff is Over

Step 24: From here we want to load our own ROM onto this sucka! So put your ROM in the storage of your device

Step 25: This is important, under the Wipe section click Advanced and make sure to wipe system/data/dalvik/cache

Step 26: Install the Rom you chose, here is a link to a few good ones!: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Android Development - xda-developers

Step 27: Afterwards reboot into Download again

Step 28: This is where you open up Odin and it should look like this: LINK

Step 29: Once it validates the md5 we can press start at the bottom and once it is done it will auto reboot and you will have 4.4.2 on your device!

Step 30: Once you reboot, if you did the optional part, ignore this last step, otherwise, you need to install the 3.72 Safestrap version. Make sure to install Busybox from the Playstore as the new version of Safestrap requires it and not every ROM has it installed. First go into the older version of Safestrap and uninstall the recovery. Then install the newer version, make sure to allow unknown sources when it asks. Now you're done!

I usually don't make guides, but after all my terrible luck with this I felt it was necessary. Good luck and happy rooting!

No don't skip 1 through 23, there the part that is optional has a hide/show button in the middle of the thread.

Basically to get to 4.4.2 all you need to do is load the 4.4.2 ROM and the NC2 firmware / NC4 Modem and update safestrap.

No don't skip 1 through 23, there the part that is optional has a hide/show button in the middle of the thread.

Basically to get to 4.4.2 all you need to do is load the 4.4.2 ROM and the NC2 firmware / NC4 Modem and update safestrap.

Ok, well this is the part that confused me in your guide:

Digital Controller said:
If you are already rooted on 4.3 skip Steps 1 - 23

I am on 4.3 Hyperdrive RSL7 and rooted, so that made me think I could skip steps 1-23 and start at 24...lol!

Read completely through your guide and upgrading to 4.4 from 4.3 sounds like a major pain...lol! A bunch of steps to it.

Back
Top Bottom