• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Moto E Bootloaded

dustinbro

Hi peeps,
I just tried to unlock the bootloader but the moto website says my device does not qualify?! What gives? Is it possible to root this device?

Hi peeps,
I just tried to unlock the bootloader but the moto website says my device does not qualify?! What gives? Is it possible to root this device?
With Verizon (prepaid) they require 6 months of service prior to unlocking. At least that was the case with the Moto G.

Same problem here with a Cricket Moto E 2015 - can't unlock the bootloader until the phone has been in service for 6 months and no one has yet figured out a way around that. Doesn't seem right that these carriers can maintain such control over the phones that we have purchased - no contract is subsidizing the cost of the phone on Cricket (or, presumably, prepaid Verizon either) so what is their excuse? :mad:

I really like this little phone, but there probably aren't enough users of it to make it worthwhile for the developers (thinking of the folks on XDA-Developers, too) to work on this unlocking problem.

Holly

Back
Top Bottom