• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Need some guidance

ToastPwnz

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Man its been a long time since I've logged on this website, but I am back once again because this community remains my go to for advice and or help, which is what I'm looking for currently.

So thanks to Towelroot I'm rooted, knox 0x0, supersu and safestrap installed, all that good stuff. I'm a little bit lost now though, my goal is to get onto the latest version of hyperdrive, but I'm not sure I have the process for doing so correct, so if someone could tell me if this is right, and if not what the correct process is that would be awesome.

1. Root (done, yay towelroot)
2. SuperSU and Safestrap for 4.3 (done)
3. Flash a 4.3 ROM into a rom slot (Needed?)
4. Download this and get it running
5. Update to kitkat version of Safestrap
6. Flash hyperdrive

Thanks in advance for the assistance guys, I'm not new to the rooting scene and all that jazz, though this is my first truly "locked down" phone, just want to make sure I have this all concrete before I hop in any further

Okay now I am confused because are you still on 4.3? or are you on 4.4?

I am seeing a lot of 4.3 terminology and then see some kitkat stuff going on. First off, if you are trying to get to 4.4, you do not need to flash a 4.3 ROM.

If you are already on 4.4 you need to just update Safestrap to 3.72, which does not yet support the use of ROM slots since it's a beta. This just means you need to backup your current build in Safestrap recovery.

When you flash a ROM from 4.4 just make sure to flash the firmware necessary for 4.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones