• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [Q] how to get my Verizon to work with a custom ROM?

jova33

Android Expert
I'm on AOKP build 38 linaro O2. I cannot, for the life of me, get this app to work.
Any suggestions?

I'm on AOKP build 38 linaro O2. I cannot, for the life of me, get this app to work.
Any suggestions?

aokp now has a linaro 02 build??? where?

btw this app i do not believe it works on rooted devices.... im not sure, i have never tried running the app

EDIT

i get a Sorry !
This application requires the Verizon Login Client. Please download the login client and start the application again. Error Code -305

aokp now has a linaro 02 build??? where?

btw this app i do not believe it works on rooted devices.... im not sure, i have never tried running the app

EDIT

i get a Sorry !
This application requires the Verizon Login Client. Please download the login client and start the application again. Error Code -305

You can (or used to ) be able to get the login client from the market.

install it and the other VZW apps should work then. I did this around christmas so I could get VZW's nfl app working. (I'm rooted running gummy)

NOTE: when you login to the client you must using VZW's network NOT WiFi...( I only ever had to login once using the login app)

This was all around Christmas, so thing may have changed. Good Luck'

im not a fan of verizon apps, they are garbage, and no you cannot get the login client, maybe its hidden from rooted users..... or maybe they removed it. regardless i never want to use it :p

im not a fan of verizon apps, they are garbage, and no you cannot get the login client, maybe its hidden from rooted users..... or maybe they removed it. regardless i never want to use it :p

Judging by the comments on the "my verizon galaxy nexus" app. There was a update to the "login in client" and after that it no longer shows up for the Nexus :(

I agree the VZW apps generally suck, the only reason I messed with it is so I could stream NFL games...

streaming NFL games is great, if you are working or away from a tv when the game is on

i have NFL redzone, so i dont miss anything ^_^

Well I have the VZW login app because I backed it up with TiBu before I flashed a ROM. if you keep it as a system app you'll get a *** has stopped working every time. Set it to a user app and it works. I got VZW backup assistance working this way.

And I believe its the letter O, not zero 0, linaro Optimization. Under goo manager, /roms/edt/toro/. -O3 I guess has some GPS problems I've heard. -O2 no problems.

Edit: I'm on the 4GB/mo data plan, and even though I know the my VZW app lies, it gets you in the area of your data usage.

I like having the My Verizon app for two reasons. One, is to see a round-about estimate for data usage (I have unlimited, but don't like it to go too high), the other reason is to see with a click what date my bill is due.

As already mentioned the VZW Login app is why it doesn't work, and why the NFL app doesn't work. ICSourcery 3.0 (currently testing it out) has a fix in their mods for it (pretty sure it just adds the app), since the market no longer lets us download it. I tried restoring it with Titanium when I was testing Liquid Smooth, but it would just hang and eventually have to be killed. I never thought of trying to set it as a user app.... I'll keep that in mind if I swap ROMs again.

Oh and according to the market comments, VZW pulled a bait & switch with the NFL app. Now you gotta pay for any of the streaming games.

Well I just discovered there's a data usage thing in the settings. I guess it came with the ROM or is this GNex standard? Just set the date your billing cycle ends and gives you your data usage and a by app breakdown

Back
Top Bottom