• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Question about rooting and Knox counter

darkcyber

Android Expert
Ok, I have not rooted my Note 3, but thinking about doing it. My main question is, if I root and the Knox counter thing trips...what does that mean? Does it just trip the counter and my warranty is over and that's all? Or is there more to it? If it's just voiding the warranty then no big deal to me as mine doesn't have much left anyways :D

In some countries it doesn't void the warranty as it's against the law.

But yes generally it does void it. Of course you can always say you were trying to download an OTA update and it crashed midway through which caused it to trip. They can't really do anything about that.

Oh if it trips you can't use Knox for the workplace that uses that protocol. Some places let you bring in your own phones for work related stuff and use Knox to keep track of where the data is at. If it's tripped, kiss that option goodbye.

DC I haven't heard of anyone tripping the counter with the current root methods that are out there. Yes, I know it's always possible, I just haven't seen any. If it does it won't affect your daily usage as long as you aren't using Knox like Bodycount described.

Thanks everyone! I do not use Knox and never will. I own my on company and have no need for Knox.

So, does Titanium and all the usually rooted apps work on the rooted Note 3? My main purpose for rooting will be to run Titanium and do backups.

Back
Top Bottom