• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

verizon razr m 182.46.15.en.us

DArazrM

Lurker
Just got this system update. Anyone know the details of the update? There was a brief mention of security improvements but that was about it.

Landed here as well.

My understanding is that this contains all the security updates from 4.4.4, although the version number remains at 4.4.2. It is expected to break the root/bootloader unlock exploit that has been available since the KitKat update.

It is not clear to me whether this update includes anything other than security updates -- such as fixes for the battery drain and signal issues some folks have reported post-KitKat. My suspicion is that it does not, but it could go either way.

Hopefully at some point Moto will update the version history/release notes on their site and provide some clarity.

Note: Ninja'd by DruebixCube.

Just got this system update. Anyone know the details of the update? There was a brief mention of security improvements but that was about it.

First off, welcome to the site :hello: Second off, my gut feeling tells me that the update was indeed for 'security improvements'

Google security has been improved

actually equals
break the root/bootloader unlock exploit that has been available since the KitKat update
'security improvements', meaning knowing VZW and Motorola, they wanted to patch that exploit ASAP.

Motorola has provided a bit more information on their Support Page.

Short answer: the patch is intended to fix the Bluetooth/WiFi issue and provide security patches (including OpenSSL). No reference to the messaging change referenced in the Verizon notes.

Greetings,

New to the forum.

Anyone else getting an error while trying to install this? I have a Razr M and it does the phone reboot, but during the installation (when the android guy shows up), about 15 seconds in it says "Error" and then a message saying the "install was unsuccessful." Data plan is turned on. I do not have it plugged into the charger, but I don't think that should make a difference. Thoughts?

Thank you!

I just completed this update, phone seems okay. I tested the standard messaging app with an SMS message--same issues as before, no fix for that. Bummer! Successful update though.

Greetings,

New to the forum.

Anyone else getting an error while trying to install this? I have a Razr M and it does the phone reboot, but during the installation (when the android guy shows up), about 15 seconds in it says "Error" and then a message saying the "install was unsuccessful." Data plan is turned on. I do not have it plugged into the charger, but I don't think that should make a difference. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Welcome to Android Forums.

Have you ever had this phone root-ed?

If yes then you may have deleted a program that they now want to patch and since it isn't there the patch throws an error.

If you were never root-ed then it could be that the update was not correctly downloaded onto your phone before you started the update. For that one perhaps someone can tell us how to delete the update package from your phone so you can download a fresh copy.

... Thom

Welcome to Android Forums.

Have you ever had this phone root-ed?

If yes then you may have deleted a program that they now want to patch and since it isn't there the patch throws an error.

If you were never root-ed then it could be that the update was not correctly downloaded onto your phone before you started the update. For that one perhaps someone can tell us how to delete the update package from your phone so you can download a fresh copy.

... Thom
I have never rooted the phone. My phone continues to try to install it (as expected), but it continues to fail. Usually only gets about 25% through the installation and then a big red yield sign pops out of the stomach of Andord guy and it says "Error." The phone restarts and I get a notification that the installation was unsuccessful. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

I have never rooted the phone. My phone continues to try to install it (as expected), but it continues to fail. Usually only gets about 25% through the installation and then a big red yield sign pops out of the stomach of Andord guy and it says "Error." The phone restarts and I get a notification that the installation was unsuccessful. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Another welcome to the site :hello:

I think one of the easiest ways to try to fix is to install a free file explorer from the Play store (astro is one) and then navigate to /data/cache and find and delete the update file there. It sounds like it has a corrupted download.

good luck

Another welcome to the site
hello.gif

I think one of the easiest ways to try to fix is to install a free file explorer from the Play store (astro is one) and then navigate to /data/cache and find and delete the update file there. It sounds like it has a corrupted download.

good luck
I downloaded that program, but cannot seem to find the file. Also, for some reason all of my contacts have disappeared. Could this be related to not doing the update? I can usually find fixes for these kind of things via the internet, but there is not a lot out there for this update. I think I might go to Verizon this evening to see if they can help. :confused:

I have only used Astro a couple of times since I usually root my devices soon after I buy them, then I use SUFBS. Perhaps Astro will not let you view the contents of /data/cache.

And, I just installed it to test and it will not. Sorry about that one.

Hmmm, actually I just tried a few and none will let you view the contents of /data nor /cache.

So, let's try this. Power off your phone and then power it back on into recovery. To do this, press and hold the volume up button while pressing the power button. It should boot into recovery. from there see if there is an option to wipe your cache partition. That should erase the bad download.

good luck

p.s. I am sorry for not being of better help, but I am so used to having my devices rooted I fear I am not much help for those who have not.

Anyone still has the update 182.46.15.xt907 verizon US file saved? I tried taking the OTA but my phone keeps downloading the 182.46.10 one which has a build date of july, 29. If someone still has it can you please upload it somewhere. TIA

I recently acquired a Razr M already at this version. If there is a way to extract the file, I can make it available to you.
...I'm new at the whole Droid thing, so I might need explicit directions. Still learning the phone...

The file can be extracted from system/cache but it's only possible by not installing update after the download. After it's installed the file is gone. Not an expert but that's afaik. Thaks though.

Back
Top Bottom