• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Root, 4.4.2, and bad cell reception?

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Texas
Howdy gang -

I am thinking of going root on my GS3. like so many others, the 4.4.2 update is just not working. I don't have most of the issues others are reporting, but my cell reception has gone to he!!. I can't make or recieve calls at home or at my desk at work anymore.

So my question - I know there are limitations to what I can do with root and 4.4.2. Can I install a better radio? will the limited ROMs available to me have different radios that do not have this nasty 4.4.2 issue?

Thanks,
Jerry

I've seen that and thought about it, but my S3 was never supposed to be a permanent phone for me... LOL I almost upgraded to a Note 3 back when it was released, but when at the store, I decided I didn't want to lose my unlimited... so let the wife upgrade (she does not have unlimited) and I took her S3. After I got the Zerolemon battery, it became an OK phone, till the 4.4.2 upgrade. This really sux, because I have been thinking/wanting to root/rom it to CM the whole time I have had it, but now I can't...

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones