• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] SD Wiped

SERIOUS HELP NEEDED. I'll give a run down of my story. I've been on AOKP JB Milestone 1 since it came out, waiting for the next milestone. Now that it's here i was super excited to flash it, I backed everything up and went to it. Everything went smooth, apps were re installed and everything but then i noticed EVERYTHING ON MY SD CARD IS GONE. So I calmly went back to my nandroid, booted it up and everything worked. So i tried again, checking to make sure that before i rebooted into this milestone that everything was there and it was, but yet again after it booted up, nothing, absolutely nothing. Please help, i want my stuff AND the new milestone....

To tell you the truth... 1) I dont know what that really means 2) I cant check because im back to my nandroid. However, none of my pictures were in the gallery so im guessing no

guessing milestone 1 was a 4.1 rom. 4.2 roms have abilities for multi-user and thus there are multiple locations for your sdcard. Please read Teddyearps post regarding 4.2 roms it should help you immensely.

The question I'm really looking for to be answered is: Should upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 wipe everything on my SD card? If so, is there a way to stop it.

Should upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 wipe everything on my SD card?

Only if you chose to wipe it when you upgraded.

Is the sdcard completely erased or is there a "0" folder that your entire sdcard contents got moved to?

This is a sticky in the root section: http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...-latest-jelly-bean-roms-edited-3-24-13-a.html

If so, is there a way to stop it.

Stop the move of your sdcard to the "0" folder? No.

It's important to have the latest recovery before flashing a 4.2 rom.

Back
Top Bottom