• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [SOLVED] One step root is not working for some reason

hurricane630

Ok, so I followed the directions on this one step unlock/root: How To Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (One Click Method) (LTE and GSM Versions) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr

When it restarts the bootloader I do not get prompted with unlock bootloader. I am prompted with "Start" "Power off" "Recovery Mode" or "Restart bootloader" I followed this video exactly and When it restarts the bootloader is where I get stuck and I'm not sure why it isn't working. I am on a windows and any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

easiest way to root is in the all things root guide, just push the su.zip to sd card

adb push su.zip /sdcard

fastboot reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img

then enter into recovery mode through bootloader menu, with volume rocker, and install the su.zip

i hope i had those codes right...

I actually JUST got it. After it not working 20 times, it prompted me with a page it hadn't before that took me into device manager to manually update the driver soft ware and after that it was easy as everyone said. lol

Back
Top Bottom