• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Some Utility App Ideas, please!

joesixpack

Android Enthusiast
All:

I'd like some suggestions for utility apps for my rooted and unlocked GNex on JBS 5.0. Apologies if this has been covered before. Here's what I would like:

An app that will clean up files left on my phone after I've uninstalled an app (and have no intention of ever installing it again).

A browser for my PC that will show me all the files/folders on my phone (Windows Explorer is not cutting it IMHO).

Thanks in advance!

Hey there Joe!

Two suggestions for you.

The first is a utility you already have. Your custom recovery of choice is a great way to remove anything left over after uninstalling an app. Simply reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache. This should take care of your first request.

Secondarily, instead of relying on your computer you should either buy Root Explorer or download ES File Explorer and give it root access via settings. Both are great for viewing and editing your file system and save you time worrying about connectivity to your computer for the same functionality.

I have success with both of these suggestions. Hope that helps.

jmar

Thanks for the tips. I found SD Maid and Clean Master in response to request No .1, and a program called Android Commander that fills request no. 2. Appreciate the response!

Back
Top Bottom