• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Status 7 Error - LOOK HERE

Thats

That guy is This
If you are trying to flash a new ROM in CWM recovery and you get a failure due to a (Status: 7) error, the reason is because you are either trying to flash the wrong ROM (ie: GSM Version of the ROM) or MOST LIKELY you have installed the GSM CWM Recovery on your CDMA phone.

CWM will check to make sure that in the update.zip will be named correctly to either toro or the GSM version, if the other version is there, it will flag it and not flash.

Hope I was able to help!

so far we have done our best is making sure the all things root guide contains only cdma downloads, but we cannot stop users from downloading the roms and such from other locations unfortunately, but we just hope they read the version that the file they are about to download is for

so far we have done our best is making sure the all things root guide contains only cdma downloads, but we cannot stop users from downloading the roms and such from other locations unfortunately, but we just hope they read the version that the file they are about to download is for

+1. If you see "maguro" then you've downloaded the wrong version. "Toro" is the CDMA version, "maguro" is the GSM. Just a head's up for all the new rooters.

Correct, but I've seen 3 posts about it and actually had the problem myself (oops!) so I figured it was worth posting about.

o your good, i just know that me personally, whichever device i use, i download from that general area, cause i know there is always a difference, as such with droid x and milestone x ^_^

but good looking out bud :)

i encountered this error because i was using cwm touch ?

flashed back to the regular one that scrolls like a mad man sometimes with the volume buttons, but that seemed to do the trick.

it is possible you flashed the incorrect touch version

the touch version you should have flashed would be:

clockwork-recovery-touch-5.8.0.2-toro.img

i'm thinking i had cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img

thanks for letting me know the current version :D

Back
Top Bottom